As we count down the days until HIMSS15, we bet you are as excited about the show as you are about experiencing the Windy City. This year with over 38,000 attendees looking to transform health IT amongst 1.3 million square feet of exhibits and over 1,200 exhibitors to check out, there is no doubt a lot to do and see at HIMSS15 in Chicago. Let's face it, after eight hours of roaming the exhibition floor, networking with peers, and attending live breakout sessions, HIMSS can be an exhausting experience for a health plan exec! However, to make the most of all that Chicago has to offer, indulge with us in a one-of-a-kind culinary experience and learn about how NaviNet is transforming the healthcare landscape. Join us for one of our many off-site dinners with our NaviNet Executive Team.
Here's where you can find us:
Monday, April 13: Shaw's Crab House at 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 14: III Forks at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 15: Gioco at 7:30 p.m.
To get you excited about our events, we've rounded up 5 Fun Facts about these Chicago Institutions that you should not miss out on!
1. Shaw's Crab House has been in town for over 30 years: If you haven't been to Chicago recently, Hubbard Street has become quite the spot for nightlife and dining. Among the hustle and bustle is Shaw's Crab House, celebrating over 30 years of seafood excellence. If you haven't been to Shaw's while in Chicago, you haven't experienced seafood done right.
2. III Forks has over 3,000 bottles of wine: Enough said.
3. III Forks is located in Lakeshore East, Chicago home to Studio Gang's famous Aqua Tower: At 82 stories and over 1.9 million sf, Aqua Tower is one of few high-rises in the world that creates a multi-use community with a hotel, apartments, condominiums, parking, offices, and one of Chicago’s largest green roofs.
4. Gioco means "game," as in a game you play in Italian: The Gioco space also features the original old wooden walk-in cooler and a walk-in safe built into the wall, used by the Chicago gangsters for one of the gambling houses that dominated the area in the early 1900s.
5. An average of 35 million visitors flock to Chicago each year: This means that as one of the 38,000 HIMSS15 attendees, we collectively represent .01% of Chicago's annual visitors. Sweet!